Colman Automotive Building

401 E. Pine Street

1937

The structure was built in 1916 by Hans Pederson and architect Webster & Ford. The original owner was the J.M. Colman Company, notable for having built the Colman Dock on Seattle’s waterfront. Between the 1920s-1940s, a Carr Brothers & Wurdeman auto repair operated in the space.

401 E. Pine Street

1937

The structure was built in 1916 by Hans Pederson and architect Webster & Ford. The original owner was the J.M. Colman Company, notable for having built the Colman Dock on Seattle’s waterfront. Between the 1920s-1940s, a Carr Brothers & Wurdeman auto repair operated in the space.

Raff’s Shoes

1960

For much of the mid-twentieth century, Raff’s Shoes operated in the Colman Automotive Building, selling all kinds of footwear.

Raff’s Shoes

1960

For much of the mid-twentieth century, Raff’s Shoes operated in the Colman Automotive Building, selling all kinds of footwear.

Exterior Restoration

September 2012

By the end of September 2012, Hunters Capital completed the exterior’s renovation, restoring the building’s façade to its original look. Area 51, a furniture store occupied the unrestored retail space.

Exterior Restoration

September 2012

By the end of September 2012, Hunters Capital completed the exterior’s renovation, restoring the building’s façade to its original look. Area 51, a furniture store occupied the unrestored retail space.

Interior Restoration

August 2017

The interior, currently under seismic and aesthetic refurbishment, will feature 9,100 SF of high-ceilinged Class A office space and 9,000 SF of retail and restaurant space. Completion is targeted for August 2017.

Interior Restoration

August 2017

The interior, currently under seismic and aesthetic refurbishment, will feature 9,100 SF of high-ceilinged Class A office space and 9,000 SF of retail and restaurant space. Completion is targeted for August 2017.